Even though email is one of the oldest forms of digital communication, it still reigns when it comes to direct marketing.
It is estimated that over 4 billion people use email on regular basis, and just Gmail has over 1.8 billion active users.
Not only that, but the number of email users increases every year.
That’s a lot of potential customers.
More importantly, with email marketing, you don’t have to worry about changes in search algorithm, because you own the direct connection to your audience.
In this post, I will show you the best email marketing platforms that will help you:
- build and segment your list
- design emails
- personalize email copy
- create dynamic content
- automate campaigns
I also tested the performance of each platform. So, if you decide to put their forms on your website, you’ll know how fast they will load.
What is Email Marketing?
Email marketing is the act of using email to send promotional messages. It’s a way of developing and nurturing relationships with your subscribers. The main goal is to generate sales or leads.
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links in this post are affiliate links for products I use and love. This means if you click on such a link and take action (like subscribe, or make a purchase), I may receive some coffee money at no extra cost to you. This helps me create more content free of charge for you. And, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!
What is the Best Email Marketing Platform for 2022?
Here’s the list of the best email marketing platforms for 2022.
They all offer a free account so you can safely test them before you decide to spend for their services.
Free plan offers differ based on the number of subscribers you have and here’s a quick overview.
|Subscriber limit||Monthly email limit||Speed Performance|
|Moosend Free Plan||1,000||Unlimited||58 / 100|
|Mailerlite Free Plan||1,000||12,000||96 / 100|
|GetResponse Free Plan||500||Unlimited||98 / 100|
|ConvertKit Free Plan||1,000||Unlimited||97 / 100|
|Sendinblue||Unlimited||9,000||97 / 100|
|Mailchimp Free Plan||2,000||10,000||99 / 100|
|AWeber||500||3,000||100 / 100|
Let’s take a look at each of these platforms in detail.
Moosend stands out with its automations that have three components: triggers, control steps and actions.
If you have less than 1,000 subscribers, you can use the free plan with sign-up forms, unlimited emails and detailed reporting.
- Free Plan: Unlimited emails, sign-up and subscription forms, reporting & analytics
- Pro Plan for $10/mo: Includes everything from Free Plan plus landing pages, transactional emails, live chat support, SMTP server, 5 team members
- Custom Plan: Includes everything from Pro Plan plus custom reporting, account manager, SSO & SAML, on-boarding & migration, 10 team members, SLA
Moosend Form Performance
Moosend form scored only 58 out of 100 points in Google’s PageSpeed Insights test:
Pros of Moosend
- Automation workflows with custom templates
- Page Builder
- List segmentation based on engagement metrics
- Custom support via phone, email and live chat
Mailerlite offers flexible plans based on the number of subscribers. They have easy-to-use interface, responsive designs for emails and forms.
If you have less than 1,000 subscribers, you can use their free plan, but it’s quite limited when it comes to features. It’s also limited to 12,000 emails per month.
- Free Plan: Drag & drop editor, rich text editor, built-in photo editing, file manager, mobile-friendly newsletters, landing pages, embedded signup forms, pop-up subscribe forms, subscriber management, unsubscribe page builder, email automation, advanced segmentation, A/B testing, reports, surveys, account management, a free website with up to 5 landing pages
- Premium Plan: Includes everything from Free Plan plus live chat support 24/7, white label, custom HTML editor, newsletter templates, custom domains, promotion pop-ups, auto resend, deliver by time zone, click maps, customizable favicons, templates, A/B split testing, unlimited domains, click heatmap
Premium plans cost is based on the number of subscribers and you can go up to 10,000 subscribers with unlimited emails for $50/mo.
Mailerlite also offers three add-ons:
- SitesPro for $10/mo with unlimited websites and landing pages
- MailerPro for $100/mo with priority support and dedicated MailerLite manager
- Dedicated IP for $50/mo with improved deliverability with isolated sending reputation
MailerLite Form Performance
MailerLite form scored with impressive 96 out of 100 points in Google’s PageSpeed Insights test:
Pros of MailerLite
- User-friendly drag & drop editor
- A/B testing and advanced segmentation with Free Plan
- Custom domains, click heatmaps
- Optional add-ons
GetResponse is a powerful online marketing platform. They offer Autofunnel tool that allows you to quickly launch new funnels with predesigned scenarios.
Their smart automation tool lets you create advanced conditions to automatically segment your subscribers.
- Free Plan for $0/mo: Up to 500 contacts, unlimited newsletters, 1 landing page, website builder for 1 website, custom domain, signup forms
- Basic Plan for $13/mo: Includes everything from Free Plan plus 1 000 contacts, autoresponders, unlimited landing pages, website builder for unlimited websites, basic segmentation (based on contact details), email scheduling
- Plus Plan for $45/mo: Includes everything from Basic Plan plus marketing automation, webinars, 3 team members, contact scoring and tagging, advanced segmentation, 5 sales funnels
- Professional Plan for $89/mo: Includes everything from Plus Plan plus unlimited automations, paid webinars, 5 team members, ecommerce features, unlimited sales funnels
Pros of GetResponse
- Up to 100,000 contacts with paid plans
- 30% off on 2-year plans
- Forever free plan with custom domain and unlimited newsletters
- Email marketing, website builder and autoresponders
ConvertKit is a great option for lead funnels. It’s well-known for eye-catching forms and automated personalized text-based emails.
They also offer sequences based on actions within emails and triggers for advanced list segmentation.
- Free Plan: 1,000 subscribers, unlimited landing, sales and & link pages, unlimited forms, custom domain, unlimited traffic, email broadcasts, sale of digital products & subscriptions, community support
- Creator Plan for $15/mo: Includes everything from Free Plan plus live chat & email support, free migration tool, automated funnels & sequences
- Creator Plan Pro for $29/mo: Includes everything from Creator Plan plus Facebook custom audiences, newsletter referral system, subscriber scoring, advanced reporting
When you sign up for ConverKit’s Free Plan, email sending feature will be disabled until you answer 3 questions to their ConvertBot.
Approvals team will review your answers and only once you’re approved, you can start using their service.
You’ll get an email where you’ll be notified whether your application has been approved or not.
ConvertKit Form Performance
ConvertKit form scored with great 97 out of 100 points in Google’s PageSpeed Insights test:
Pros of ConvertKit
- Up to 500,000 subscribers with paid plans
- Custom domain and unlimited traffic with all plans (including Free Plan)
- Sale of digital products, paid newsletters and recurring subscriptions with 3.5% of transaction fee
Sendinblue is an easy-to-use platform with machine learning that will help you send your emails at the best time of the day.
Free plan includes CRM and up to 300 emails daily sent to unlimited contacts. Their automation workflows make it easy to create sophisticated funnels.
- Free Plan: Unlimited contacts, 300 emails per day, mobile-friendly email designer, email template library, SMS marketing, personalization, advanced segmentation, customizable sign-up forms, sales CRM, workflow editor, page tracking, real-time reporting, email support
- Lite Plan for $25/mo: Includes everything from Free Plan plus 10,000 emails per month, optional A/B testing, no daily sending limit, optional remove of Sendinblue logo
- Premium Plan for $65/mo: Includes everything from Lite Plan plus 20,000 emails per month, send time optimization, landing page builder with 5 landing pages included, Facebook ads, marketing automation workflow for unlimited number of contacts, heat map reporting, advanced open & click stats
- Enterprise Plan for custom quote: Includes everything from Premium Plan plus custom volume of emails, priority sending, 20+ landing pages, SSO, priority support
Sendinblue Form Performance
Sendinblue form scored with great 97 out of 100 points in Google’s PageSpeed Insights test:
Pros of Sendinblue
- GDPR compliance and API for integrations with RSS, Google Contacts and Typeform
- Multiuser access and dedicated account manager with Enterprise Plan
- Advanced reporting including geography, device, heat maps and click stats
With over 800,000 paid customers and 2.4 million monthly active users, Mailchimp is one of the biggest companies in email marketing services.
If you’re just starting out, their free plan should be quite sufficient with 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails per month.
- Free Plan: Up to 2,000 contacts & 10,000 monthly email send limit, basic segmentation, contact profiles, tags, inbox, mobile app, surveys, campaign engagement, purchase behavior, 1 month of app engagement, basic templates, landing pages, Facebook & Instagram ads, social posting, postcards, pop-up forms, marketing calendar
- Essentials Plan for $9.99/mo (500 contacts): Includes everything from Free Plan plus 5,000 monthly emails send limit, pre-built templates, remove Mailchimp branding, email scheduling, customer journey builder, A/B testing, email & live chat support
- Standard Plan for $14.99/mo (500 contacts): Includes everything from Essentials Plan plus 6,000 monthly emails send limit, predicted demographics, customer lifetime value, purchase likelihood, lookalike audience finder, address finder, 3 months of app engagement, custom-coded templates, download designs, social posts scheduling, content optimizer
- Premium Plan for $299/mo (10,000 contacts): Includes everything from Standard Plan plus 150,000 monthly emails send limit, advanced segmentation, 18 months of app engagement, comparative reporting, multivariate testing, phone support
Mailchimp Form Performance
Sendinblue form scored with impressive 99 out of 100 points in Google’s PageSpeed Insights test:
Pros of Mailchimp
- Unlimited products and sales reporting for all plans
- Unlimited pages and bandwidth
- Advanced audience insights, behavioral targeting and customer journeys
AWeber is an excellent choice if you’re looking for easy management of your lists and hundreds of pre-made email templates.
AWeber is also known for its great customer support which includes phone, email, live chat and a comprehensive knowledge base of articles and video tutorials.
- Free Plan: Up to 500 email subscribers with 3,000 monthly emails, email automation, drag-and-drop email builder, hundreds of templates, dynamic content, thousands of professional images, unlimited landing pages, video landing pages, Google analytics and Facebook pixel tracking, sign-up forms, WordPress plugin, basic segmentation, simple reporting
- Pro Plan for $16.15/mo (500 subscribers): Includes everything from Free Plan plus unlimited subscribers and monthly emails, split testing, behavioral automation, cart abandonment tagging, branded click-tracking links, remove AWeber branding, advanced segmentation and reporting
AWeber Form Performance
AWeber form scored with the best mark 100 out of 100 points in Google’s PageSpeed Insights test:
Pros of AWeber
- 700 design templates
- generous feature-rich free plan
- award-winning 24/7 customer support
In this article, I recommended top email service providers and I hope it will help you choose the right platform for your marketing efforts.
With all the options available, the most important information for your decision-making process is the number of subscribers and monthly emails you will need.
Also make sure to focus on performance, pre-made templates and overall ease of use of the platform.